Asheville, North Carolina Climate & Temperature
- Asheville, North Carolina, Usa is at 35°25'N, 82°32'W, 661 m (2169 ft). See map.
- Asheville, North Carolina has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Asheville, North Carolina is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 12.9 degrees Celsius (55.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.6 °C (37.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 9.4°C (49°F) on average falling to -2.8°C (26.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.6°C (67.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 6.1°C (43°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.7°C (81.8°F) and average low temperatures are 16.1°C (61°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 20.1°C (68.2°F) during the day and lows of 7.2°C (45°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1208.7 mm (47.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1208.7 Litres/m² (29.65 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2694 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Asheville, North Carolina you would come out nearest to the climate station at Perth, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Asheville, North Carolina, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Oak Ridge, Tn, Usa - 164.7 kms (102.3 miles) WNW
- Newport, Tn, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) NNW
- Knoxville, Tn, Usa - 136.4 kms (84.7 miles) WNW
- Anderson, Sc, Usa - 63.2 kms (39.3 miles) SW
- Walhalla, Sc, Usa - 87.8 kms (54.6 miles) SSW
- Dahlonega, Ga, Usa - 164.7 kms (102.3 miles) SW
- Athens, Ga, Usa - 179.2 kms (111.4 miles) SSW
- Bristol/ Tri City, Tn, Usa - 115 kms (71.4 miles) N
- Morganton, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Lenoir, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Marion, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Charlotte/ Douglas, Nc, Usa - 148.6 kms (92.4 miles) E
- Monroe, Nc, Usa - 182.4 kms (113.3 miles) ESE
- Hendersonvillene, Nc, Usa - 69.4 kms (43.1 miles) SE
- Santuck, Sc, Usa - 69.4 kms (43.1 miles) SE
- Winthrop College, Sc, Usa - 148.8 kms (92.5 miles) ESE
- Greenville/ G-Spartanburg, Sc, Usa - 66.6 kms (41.4 miles) SSE
- Greenwood, Sc, Usa - 142.1 kms (88.3 miles) SSE
- Newberry, Sc, Usa - 167.1 kms (103.8 miles) SSE
- Aikene, Sc, Usa - 167.1 kms (103.8 miles) SSE