Asheville, North Carolina Climate & Temperature
- Asheville, North Carolina, Usa is at 35°25'N, 82°32'W, 661 m (2169 ft). See map.
- Asheville, North Carolina has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Asheville, North Carolina is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 12.9 degrees Celsius (55.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.6 °C (37.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 9.4°C (49°F) on average falling to -2.8°C (26.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.6°C (67.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 6.1°C (43°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.7°C (81.8°F) and average low temperatures are 16.1°C (61°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 20.1°C (68.2°F) during the day and lows of 7.2°C (45°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1208.7 mm (47.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1208.7 Litres/m² (29.65 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2694 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Asheville, North Carolina you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Perth, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Asheville, North Carolina Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Asheville, North Carolina Climate Graph in Metric Units
Asheville, North Carolina Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Asheville, North Carolina, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Oak Ridge, Tn, Usa - 164.7 kms (102.3 miles) WNW
- Newport, Tn, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) NNW
- Knoxville, Tn, Usa - 136.4 kms (84.7 miles) WNW
- Anderson, Sc, Usa - 63.2 kms (39.3 miles) SW
- Walhalla, Sc, Usa - 87.8 kms (54.6 miles) SSW
- Dahlonega, Ga, Usa - 164.7 kms (102.3 miles) SW
- Athens, Ga, Usa - 179.2 kms (111.4 miles) SSW
- Bristol/ Tri City, Tn, Usa - 115 kms (71.4 miles) N
- Morganton, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Lenoir, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Marion, Nc, Usa - 80.2 kms (49.9 miles) NE
- Charlotte/ Douglas, Nc, Usa - 148.6 kms (92.4 miles) E
- Monroe, Nc, Usa - 182.4 kms (113.3 miles) ESE
- Hendersonvillene, Nc, Usa - 69.4 kms (43.1 miles) SE
- Santuck, Sc, Usa - 69.4 kms (43.1 miles) SE
- Winthrop College, Sc, Usa - 148.8 kms (92.5 miles) ESE
- Greenville/ G-Spartanburg, Sc, Usa - 66.6 kms (41.4 miles) SSE
- Greenwood, Sc, Usa - 142.1 kms (88.3 miles) SSE
- Newberry, Sc, Usa - 167.1 kms (103.8 miles) SSE
- Aikene, Sc, Usa - 167.1 kms (103.8 miles) SSE